Health and Fitness concerns everyone: young, old, and everyone in between.
At FPTS we are committed to continual improvement and bringing you new and updated programs. Below you will find our latest programs, details, and methods of getting involved. If you don’t see something you like, or something you are looking for, feel free to give us a call at 603.644.8334 or send an inquiry to: email@example.com. We are here to serve you!
Health & Fitness Programs
- Athletic Performance Program – Are you a young athlete of any ability who wants to stay in the game without risking performance or injury? Access the tools and tips you need to work smarter instead of harder in a way that rejuvenates your muscles and tissues to keep playing at peak performance.
- Therapeutic Fitness Solutions – Are you healthy without known injuries, or have recovered from an injury and want to maintain the gains already made or progress to a new level of fitness and health? These independent or supervised plans will provide you with prescriptive exercise that maximize your physical health and conditioning.
- Return to Run Program – Are you a runner who has recovered from an injury and wants to safely return to running? Access the tools you need to run lighter and better, maximizing your tolerance, and decreasing the stress on your body, and ultimately reducing the risk of injury.
Screens & Assessments
- Functional Screening – The first step in correcting something is understanding it. Would you like to know how your body should move and learn what you can do to correct it? These screens and assessments can help.
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- Identify weaknesses and faulty patterns in your movement that could affect your making the sports team, or impact your quality of life. The FMS assesses your ability to perform key “functional movements” such as squatting and lunging. These are not only essential to athletes of all ages but each one of us in our daily activities from yard work to playing with the grandkids. Used by professional athletes and world renowned sports organizations including the NFL and top European soccer clubs (e.g., Liverpool FC), the FMS helps maximizes how you perform – whether in sport or life.
- Y Balance Test (YBT)
- Are you worried about falling? Do you feel clumsy, like you have two left feet? Your balance is critical in everything you do, whether in sports or daily activities. This test measures your ability to balance, coordinate and control movement with your lower and upper body. Whether you are a competitive athlete or a stay-at-home parent or grandparent, the YBT assesses your single leg balance and shoulder strength, which are crucial for your safety and improved performance.
- Motor Control Screen (MCS)
- Assess your basic motor control, which affects your strength, stability, and mobility for completing any task. This test can help prepare you for your next level of fitness training or strength and conditioning programming, or simply ease your concern that your balance is affecting your daily life.
- Running Gait Assessment – Do you wonder why your shins hurt while running or back feels sore after a 5K run? Poor running habits can lead to wear and tear on the body and a proper assessment can highlight these imbalances and reduce the risk of injury. Take this assessment to identify flaws in your form and learn how to correct imbalances that will reduce the risk of injury.
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
Injury Prevention and Athletic Performance Programs For The Young or Serious Athlete
James Goodwin, PTA, CSCS, Director of Athletic Performance, will be combining his knowledge and experience in division 1 and professional athletics, exercise science, and rehab, along with his lifelong experience playing and coaching elite level soccer, to bring a program that is unparalleled in the world of injury prevention, conditioning, and performance education for young athletes.
His programs are NOT about BIGGER, FASTER, or STRONGER, but about working smarter not harder. If you have an athlete that spends several hours a week between training and games, you can be sure that they are breaking down their young bodies. Regardless of their chosen sport, to prevent catastrophic injury and failure, it is crucial that they dedicate at least one hour per week rejuvenating their muscles and soft tissues, and James is an expert on how to do this.
If you’d like to prevent season-ending injuries and give your children the opportunity to fulfill their dreams, enroll them in our 8 to 10 week Athletic Performance Program for Young Athletes. Give them a head start and a foot up on their competition. Help them stay in the game for the long haul and give yourself peace of mind that you are doing everything that you can to keep them injury free and at the top of their game.
Interested in our Athletic Performance and Injury Prevention Programs or want to receive training tips, tissue recovery and performance tools that will help you STAY IN THE GAME?
For more information and to sign up for STAY IN THE GAME WITH JAMES, please complete the form below: