Health and Fitness concerns everyone: young, old, and everyone in between.
At FPTS we are committed to continual improvement and bringing you new and updated programs. Below you will find our latest programs, details, and methods of getting involved. If you don’t see something you like, or something you are looking for, feel free to give us a call at 603.644.8334 or send an inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to serve you!
HEALTH & FITNESS PROGRAMS
- Athletic Performance Program – Are you an athlete, of any age or ability, looking to maximize your performance while ensuring injury does not derail your training? Work smarter, not harder by focusing on muscle recovery and stabilization to optimize speed, strength, power, explosiveness and agility for peak performance.
- Therapeutic Fitness Solutions – Have you rehabilitated from an injury and want to maintain the gains you made in therapy? Are you healthy and want to progress to a new level of fitness but don’t feel comfortable going to the gym? This one-on-one program provides you with individualized exercises that maximize your future health and conditioning, while recognizing your medical past.
- Return to Run Program – Are you a runner who has recovered from an injury and wants to safely return to running? Run lighter and better – improving your tolerance while learning how to decrease the stress on your body so you don’t get injured again.
SCREENS & ASSESSMENTS
- Functional Screening – The first step in correcting something is understanding it. Would you like to identify inefficiencies and errors with your movement and learn how to correct them? These screens and assessments can help.
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- Are you an athlete who’s less agile than your competitors? A senior who is worried about falling or unable to play with your grand-kids? Are you someone in between who is sick and tired of getting injured or not being able to participate in your usual activities? The FMS assesses your ability to perform key “functional movements” such as squatting and lunging, identifying weaknesses and dyscoordination in your arms, legs, and core that limit your performance or affect your quality of life. Used by professional athletes and world renowned sports organizations including the NFL and top European soccer clubs (e.g., Liverpool FC), the FMS helps maximize how you perform – whether in sport or life.
- Y Balance Test (YBT)
- This test measures your dynamic balance in three-dimensional movement, and your ability to coordinate movement between your lower and upper body. The YBT is meant for competitive athletes or fit adults looking to safely return to sport or shore up weaknesses for peak performance.
- Running Gait Assessment – Do you wonder why your shins hurt while running or back feels sore after a 5K run? Poor running habits can lead to wear and tear on the body and a proper assessment can highlight these imbalances and reduce the risk of injury. Take this assessment to identify flaws in your form and learn how to correct imbalances that will reduce the risk of injury.
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
Screens and assessments are by appointment only with the cost as follows:
Injury Prevention and Athletic Performance Programs For The Young or Serious Athlete
James Goodwin, PTA, CSCS, Director of Athletic Performance, will be combining his knowledge and experience in division 1 and professional athletics, exercise science, and rehab, along with his lifelong experience playing and coaching elite level soccer, to bring a program that is unparalleled in the world of injury prevention, conditioning, and performance education for young athletes.
His programs are NOT about BIGGER, FASTER, or STRONGER, but about working smarter not harder. If you have an athlete that spends several hours a week between training and games, you can be sure that they are breaking down their young bodies. Regardless of their chosen sport, to prevent catastrophic injury and failure, it is crucial that they dedicate at least one hour per week rejuvenating their muscles and soft tissues, and James is an expert on how to do this.
If you’d like to prevent season-ending injuries and give your children the opportunity to fulfill their dreams, enroll them in our Athletic Performance Program for Young Athletes. Give them a head start and a foot up on their competition. Help them stay in the game for the long haul and give yourself peace of mind that you are doing everything that you can to keep them injury free and at the top of their game.
Interested in our Athletic Performance and Injury Prevention Programs or want to receive training tips, tissue recovery and performance tools that will help you STAY IN THE GAME?
For more information and to sign up for STAY IN THE GAME WITH JAMES, please complete the form below:
10 Session Pack
4 Session Pack
*within regularly scheduled group class
THERAPEUTIC FITNESS SOLUTIONS
Therapeutic Fitness Solutions –
Have you rehabilitated from an injury and want to maintain the gains you made in therapy? Are you healthy and want to progress to a new level of fitness but don’t feel comfortable going to the gym? This one-on-one program provides you with individualized exercises that maximize your future health and conditioning, while recognizing your medical past.
Who Is It For?
It is for people who have recovered from their injuries during skilled PT and are looking to either maintain those gains or progress to greater levels of fitness and health.
How Does It Work?
The advantage this program offers over typical personal training, is the level of education and expertise in the art and science of the human body that our clinical staff brings to the table. They work one-on-one with you to identify your fitness goals, ensure you are exercising in a safe and proper manner, perform reassessments of fitness metrics and modify/progress your program accordingly.
Because of the complexity and individuality of each participant, the initial session is at least 45 minutes, which includes a personal history and physical assessment to identify imbalances that will be addressed in your personalized “Therapeutic Fitness Solution”. Because of the time it takes to see and feel positive change, it is recommended that you participate in a minimum of 4 weekly sessions, although that is an option, and there is no set number or frequency of sessions you must take part in. In between supervised sessions, you can exercise at home, or at a gym of your choosing.
Sessions are by appointment only with the cost as follows per session:
Thank you for entrusting us with your care!
RETURN TO RUN PROGRAM
Are you a runner who has recovered from an injury and wants to safely return to running? Run lighter and better – improving your tolerance while learning how to decrease the stress on your body so you don’t get injured again.
*4 – 30 minute sessions which includes Running Gait Assessment and correctives on initial visit.
SPECIALIZED EXERCISE CLASSES
A number of classes are in the development stage, or if preferred, we can develop a program upon request. We can even offer classes at your location. Just give us a call or contact us using the form below.
For more information, please complete the form below, or email us at: email@example.com and reference EXERCISE CLASSES: