HEALTH & FITNESS SERVICES: James is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist with degrees in Health & Exercise Science and Physical Therapy. He has advanced training and certification in Functional Movement Systems including the Functional Movement Screen, Y-Balance Test, … Read more »
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- Assess your ability to perform key “functional movements” such as squatting, lunging and stepping patterns.
- Identify weaknesses and dyscoordination in your arms, legs and core that limit your performance or affect your quality
Health & Fitness Programs
- Athletic Performance Program – Work smarter, not harder by focusing on muscle recovery and stabilization to optimize strength, speed, power, explosiveness and agility, for peak performance.
- Therapeutic Fitness Solutions – This one on
By Cathy Leer, PT, MBA
I have a dear friend and book club buddy that always reads the end of the book first to see if she wants to read it. Unhappy ending….no go. Happy ending…I’m in. So why am … Read more »
Don’t just exercise! CONNECT exercise with real life function! If you aren’t able to enjoy life’s little pleasures because you can’t get down to the floor to play with your grand kids, or go sledding with your little ones, this … Read more »
By James Goodwin, PTA, CSCS
Have you ever wondered whether to walk/run, swim, bike, or use the elliptical or how intense your cardio workouts should be to improve your cardiovascular adaptation? If your goal is to reduce inflammation, increase endurance/stamina … Read more »
With soccer season in full swing this fall, don’t be surprised if you hear the news highlight of athletes getting hurt, specifically tearing their anterior cruciate ligament, or ACL. Although the ACL is the … Read more »
Has your insurance company limited your access to Physical Therapy or restricted the number of your PT visits? Are you still struggling with your injury and don’t know what to do or where to go next?
Therapeutic Fitness Training is
On Aug. 27th & 28th Tom Fontana, MSPT and Dan Baram, PTA, CSCS will be at Ross Lurgio Jr. High School performing functional screenings on incoming 7th graders who are participating in school athletics.
This event will … Read more »